Agribusiness Leadership Institute- The Introduction

 In 2024 I decided I wanted to build a business I could pass on to my children’s children, a generational/legacy business. After having worked with and for MSMEs, I started a couple of hustles I knew more than enough to do something. However, I realised there is a difference between hustling and building a business, there were very few toolkits or roadmaps I could use to equip me to build the type of business I wanted and I wasn’t the only one who felt this way. The Agribusiness Leadership Institute (ALI) is the vehicle I can use to walk with others as we build generational businesses, developing the toolkits that work in Africa and impact one household at a time. Agriculture was a natural and strategic choice because I love the land and if one is hungry, generational wealth is the last thing on one’s mind.


 

ALI is dedicated to cultivating visionary leaders who will revolutionize Africa's agricultural landscape, one household at a time.

 

Vision-

 Building Legacy Businesses in Africa- One household at a time

 

Mission- 

Creating an environment that inspires, informs and equips entrepreneurs, farmers, and agribusiness professionals to build sustainable, generational businesses.

 

Guiding Principles

Dependability- we have your back and best interests at heart always

Disruption- there’s a way, let’s find it together

 

Our Approach:

 

1. Training: Farmer-to-Farmer Look and Learns, conferences, and workshops fostering information sharing and best practices.

2. Knowledge Capacity Building: Developing knowledge  and learning resources through research, articles, and academic learning

3. Mentorship: Walking with emerging talent for guidance and support.

4. Coaching: Personalized coaching for entrepreneurs, and farmers  to refine their business strategies.

 

Our Focus:

 

1. Business Development and Management

2. Leadership and Entrepreneurship

3. Sustainable Agriculture Practices

 

 Our Logo:

The 5 pinecones remind me of the days my kids and I would gather pine cones to make a fire to cook food because we couldn't afford to buy both food and energy for cooking. The bowl reminds me of a plate I took from my great aunt's household where as her niece ( younger though I may be to her children) I am regarded as the mother of her household. It is a reminder that generational wealth is not a foreign concept in Africa

 

I dream of an Africa for my children’s children where each household can feed itself and trade with its neighbour as a peer. I believe if we develop legacy minded businesses and leaders in Agriculture then this dream will be a reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision will not feed your children Part 3- The Fellowship

Laying the foundations- Vision, Mission and Values

Unlocking the Key to SUCCESS- Planning