‘VISION WILL NOT FEED YOUR CHILDREN…………….’ part 4-The Institute

 In 2023 after the Fellowship I was privileged to get the opportunity to do three things. The first was writing articles for Agribusiness Media magazines and Zimunda Magazine on leadership, organisation development etc, the second was a workshop on Agribusiness impacting the lives of 18 youths and the Fellowship Alumni, and the third was developing a training manual for the workshop.  

However, a year after the Fellowship, I still didn’t have much to show on the Agribusiness Leadership Academy. Other stuff had taken centre stage and I loved the work I did but this wasn't really the dream.

 Come 2024 even the writing stopped, and that should have been the first signal but as expected I ignored it. Agribusiness Media team approached me to organise Field Tours for them, Federation of Young Farmers Zimbabwe liked my Look and Learn Concept, I even designed a blog that I wanted to use to amplify the work of the females in the Agricultural Value Chain. All these were great but I honestly just didn’t have the time and divided attention is never good for building anything.

Eventually May 2024, things came to a head. I had to decide whether to venture out and pursue the dream or stay in a place I loved and forget the dream. It was a hard choice to make, but one that had to made. I asked a couple of friends and the predominant feeling was follow the dream, still I hesitated until I finally realised something. This was a dream that had been put on the backbencher for 15 years and she was not going to stay there anymore. Scared shitless, I gave 3 day notice, with tears on my cheeks I said goodbye. I am grateful for the prayer of blessing and release prayed over me by my colleagues and friends, grateful for a community that became a family, a sanctuary for me to heal, grow and spread my wings. I dared dream again and now had the muscles and skills set to make this happen.

On 1 June 2024, I began the Agribusiness Leadership Institute. As I work on the founding papers of the Institute, I realise this isn't about me. I am merely a steward mandated to operate in a domain that contributes 20-30% of the GDP in most African countries, employing up 60% of its workforce and especially with those that produce 80% of its food. That does make me less afraid because I am not alone. I am excited and perhaps underestimate the mandate. It is not just about bridging the knowledge gap but about Transforming mindsets, Inspiring leaders and Equipping businesses for the generations to come. I definitely will not see the full fulfilment of  the mandate on the African continent because even the Institute is an organisation built for generations to come. .

What is the Institute? It is an environment that seeks to inspire, inform and equip growth focused  small scale farmers and agri-preneurs to build and maintain for the future. The only academic requirement is your ability to read and write, predominantly a passion to disrupt is essential. Areas of focus are Training, Consultancy, Project Management and Education

 


 

We are called to Africa and her future, building for value, impacting generations and transforming people. Re-imagining the way we think and do business in the Agriculture sector across Africa. Let's gear up!!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision will not feed your children Part 3- The Fellowship

Unlocking the Key to SUCCESS- Planning

Vision will not feed your children Part 1